Pison Housing Company has since its incorporation, been involved in major projects, which include but are not limited to the following:
• Financial advisory services (debt financing, equity financing, project appraisal and evaluation, financial modeling) to reputable real estate development companies. The advisory service is well over US$400million (NGN52 Billion) real estate financing for three joint venture developments in Nigeria.
• The firm has also been involved in securing US$100 Million of syndicated loans / club deal for about 2000 units of housing in Nigeria.
• Serving as Financial Advisor to a team of multidisciplinary professionals to structure, arrange, and implement a Real Estate Investment Trust portfolio in excess of NGN62.5billion (US$500 Million) that is billed to become one of the largest Real Estate Participatory Notes in Nigeria.
• At present, we are currently serving as Financial Advisors to a client in structuring a $250 million debt capital deal from an offshore investor who has committed to real estate investment in Nigeria within the next 5 years.
• Initiated the establishment of the Housing Finance Association of Nigeria (HFAN) with the mandate of driving innovations in housing and mortgage lending in Nigeria.
• Design and Planning of the Annual International Housing Finance Workshop (IHFW) with a focus on Housing Finance Development that attracts the leading lights in Housing Finance and Real Estate globally to Nigeria.
Pison Housing Company provides strategic advice, capital market and investment management directions for our business clients, establish business processes for risk management compliance for our capital providers (lenders & investors), and the company has excelled on its growth strategy through identifying new and emerging opportunities.
Projects under Pison’s portfolio and demonstrable expertise in areas of market research, feasibility study, business plan preparation, advisory services and capital raising include:
Pison Housing Company is an emerging commercial real estate and housing finance advisory firm with considerable deal-making muscle providing customized services to individuals, corporate, and multinational companies. Pison Housing Company provides strategic advice, capital market and investment management directions for our business clients, establish business processes for risk management compliance for our capital providers (lenders & investors), and the company has excelled on its growth strategy through identifying new and emerging opportunities.
Pison Housing Company has conducted market research and feasibility study and served as advisors to a reputable development firm who was working on a number of projects as follows:
Ocean Bay is a 33- hectare, fully fenced and gated estate situated along the Alpha Beach / Lafiaji Coastal Road , off Lekki-Epe Expressway, five minutes drive from Chevron’s Headquarters. It has approximately 201 plots of various sizes, none of which is less than 800sqm. The estate is being developed with top notch facilities and infrastructure including power supply, water treatment plants, sewage channels, back up power supply for central services, landscaped gardens, estate wide internal communications facilities, fully equipped sports/ recreational club, provisions for a crèche and primary schools, clinics, a business park, entertainment arcade and shopping mall, estate shuttle services and a private postal system. The development also comes with a 30 metre private beach and 1.6 hectare Nature Park. The total value of the Ocean Bay project is US$150 Million. Pison Housing Company is acting as financial advisers to the development.
Ocean Bay Condominiums
Ocean Bay Condominiums is a three tower development consisting of one hundred and forty four (144) deluxe condominiums sitting on a 1.7 Ha site within the larger Ocean Bay community. The ground floor is dedicated for residents covered parking; the first floor is reserved for residential services and the grand lounge of each tower. Floor two – eleven consist of four bedroom spacious condos with four units on each floor while the penthouse floor of each tower accommodates two wings of five bedroom units each. All the condos are serviced with private terraces and elaborate windows which allow for maximum views while the entire community includes a five-star quality restaurant; a dedicated residents only lounge and gym; a super mart, laundry and house-keeping services. Pison Housing Company is involved in conceptual financial modeling and is acting as Transactor for the capital raising exercises totaling US$90 Million.
This is a housing project sponsored by Cityscape International located in Lagos, Nigeria. The building types vary from a 3 to 5 bedroom townhouse, semi-detached and detached houses respectively. Pison conducted a feasibility study for the project. The project comprises of 1,694 housing units with a capital of USD 267.8 million.
This project is sponsored by First Bank Plc and located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State undertaken in joint venture with the Rivers State government and a real estate developer. The project involves a construction of 840 unit community housing for different income earning levels on approximately 23.42 hectares of land. The project comprises of high rise, mixed use development for residential and office space with a project cost of over US$ 335 million.
Pison is currently processing the raising of USD 4,000,000.00 (Four million US Dollars) for a client with a residential project along Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos. The funding is sourced from a foreign real estate investment organisation and the capital raising process is at near concluding stages.
Suru Suites and Hotels Limited
Pison Housing Company has recently been commissioned to act as the financial advisors to the raising of N7 billion (seven billion naira) under a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT)/bond structure and/or a loan restructuring facility with AMCON (7 year restructure facility) for the client.. The issuance will be treated as a Special Purpose Vehicle from which units/notes will be issued to investors. The client has a portfolio of 2 hotels (one already operational and the other at construction stage). The REIT fund/ bond structure is proposed to finance ongoing and prospective hotel projects.
Pison Housing Company got Overseas Private Investment Corporation, U.S.A. (OPIC) approval as their Loan Originator and Political Risk Insurance (PRI) originator under the Enterprise Development Network (EDN) program. Under the EDN program, Pison Housing Company serves as local service providers to micro; small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) to help develop the OPIC application package refine marketing strategies and draft or enhance business plans. The program is able to loan up to $250 million for eligible and qualified transactions. The Enterprise Development Network (EDN) is a strategic alliance between the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) and the private sector. As at date, Pison Housing Company serves as advisors to a portfolio of real estate activities of over US$950 million.
Zenith USAID Mortgage Guarantee
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has provided USD 10,000,000.00 (Ten Million US Dollars) facility guarantee for mortgage transactions in Nigeria through Zenith Bank, a leading Nigerian commercial bank. Pison has recently been engaged to work with Zenith as strategic development advisers, loan originators and mortgage brokers for the on-lending facility.
The project sponsors, Transatlantic Citi-Gate Development Company Limited aimed to develop a residential housing estate which will comprise of approximately 1,730 housing units and 182 units of sites and services in Ibadan, Nigeria. Pison Housing Company was commissioned to conduct an income/affordability study for the residential component of the proposed mixed-use development in Ibadan with the objective of establishing preference of housing types and affordability matrix.
Finmark Market Survey
Pison was commissioned by Finmark Trust, A South African organisation, in February 2010 to carry out a comprehensive market study on the state of housing market in Nigeria with a focus on the low income category. This study was undertaken with the objective of innovating technical and financial means which could be implemented to meet the needs of the low income population and make housing more affordable and accessible to them. The study was commissioned in conjunction with EfINA and the report was successfully executed and published.
Skye Mortgage Bank
Pison Housing Company was commissioned to offer consultancy services for floating of a property development company for the client. This involved developing a business strategy that will systematically examine the prospects and possible challenges; carrying out a market survey and analysis; conducting a feasibility study; developing a comprehensive business plan that will be of efficient business and operating model, capable of attracting foreign investors for the purpose of raising capital and realizing the primary objectives of key stakeholders for the proposed company.
Feasibility Study for a Nigerian Mortgage Liquidity Facility Institution
Institution Pison Housing Company has recently (January 2012) concluded a market research, business evaluation and feasibility for a US$200 million Liquidity Facility Institution that will serve as a secondary mortgage market refinancing vehicle for the Nigerian market. To complete this task, Pison Housing Company led a disparate team of seasoned professionals to deliver the project. The institution will have the Central Bank of Nigeria and other International Financial Institutions as shareholders.
Project Advisors on the Proposed Nigeria Mortgage Corporation (NMC) Liquidity Facility
Pison Housing Company (PHC) was appointed as professional strategic development advisors to Mortgage Banking Association of Nigeria (MBAN) to set up the proposed Mortgage Liquidity Facility in Nigeria. NMC is an intermediation vehicle that will eliminate current impediments to mortgage lending while bringing long-term funding to mortgage originators. To deliver this project, NMC is being capitalized by various stakeholder institutions namely World Bank, International Finance Corporation (IFC), Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN), Nigeria, Primary Mortgage banks (PMB) and selected commercial banks in Nigeria. The operation of the NMC will take off with an initial re-financing potential of about US$1billion.
Locke International Consultancy Limited
Pison Housing Company was recently engaged as financial and project advisors by the project sponsors to develop a business plan, conduct market research and feasibility study for the development of a residential estate comprising 46 units of detached houses on 3.21 hectares of land at Lakowe town, along Lekki-Epe expressway. We are in the concluding stages of raising capital in amount of US$6.16million being the total project cost from an international financial institution for the project.
Pison Housing Company was engaged to act as financial and project advisor. This involved transaction structuring, preparation of the business plan, carrying project assessment and feasibility appraisal for the construction of student hostels in various campuses of the university. We are currently finalizing capital raising services to the tune of US$ 7.56million for construction of the 1st phase of the project at the Okija campus of Madonna University in Anambra State.
YF Construction Limited
Pison Housing Company was engaged to carry out market research to ascertain project desirability, market response/readiness, location analysis and viability for the development of proposed residential estate comprising 960 units of 4 number three  and four  bedroom terraced duplexes per unit, on a land size of 30 hectares at Ogudu in Lagos State. To enable and assist the project sponsor raise capital from lending institutions for the project.
International Market Research & Advisory
Pison Housing Company regularly gets referrals from multilaterals and International Finance Institutions like FMO, Shelter Afrique, etc for carrying out market research and feasibility for their prospective clients and loan applicants.
Transaction Structure for Mortgage Bank Recapitalization
Following the guidelines by the Central Bank of Nigeria for mortgage banks to be recapitalized to N5 billion for national level operations and N2.5 billion for state level operations, Pison Housing Company was recently engaged by a number of mortgage banks in the country to assist with the transaction structure for the recapitalization exercise.
Real Estate and Housing Finance Training Programs
Pison Housing Company’s capacity building program is designed to bring participants up to date with the changes and opportunities in the Nigerian and Sub-Saharan Real Estate and Housing Finance markets. As part of its capacity building services, Pison Housing Company has facilitated housing finance international study visits to India (2007), Thailand (2008), Mexico (2009), Malaysia (2010), USA (2010), Singapore (2011), USA (2011), for several participants from Federal Ministry of Housing & Urban Development, Abuja; Federal Housing Authority, Abuja; Central Bank of Nigeria, Abuja; Aso Savings & Loans Plc, Abuja; Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN), Abuja; and several other private sector players.
Other major projects and activity portfolio of Pison include but are not limited to the following:
- On June 24th, 2009, Roland Igbinoba Real Foundation for Housing and Urban Development (RIRFHUD) launched a report titled ‘The state of Lagos Housing Market’, a report compiled and published by Pison Housing Company, the first of its kind ever to be produced in Nigeria. Its unique fact based style is grounded on extensive research and analysis that spanned over 9 months and included multiple reputable international research and consulting firms. The report which provides a holistic fact based appraisal of the housing market in Lagos state has been critically acclaimed and have served as a point of reference for real estate data and information in the country.
- Pison Housing Company recently got Overseas Private Investment Corporation, U.S.A. (OPIC) approval as their Loan Originator and Political Risk Insurance (PRI) originator under the Enterprise Development Network (EDN) program. Under the EDN program, Pison Housing Company serves as local service providers to micro; small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) to help develop the OPIC application package refine marketing strategies and draft or enhance business plans. The program is able to loan up to $250 million for eligible and qualified transactions. The Enterprise Development Network (EDN) is a strategic alliance between the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) and the private sector. As at date, Pison Housing Company serves as advisors to a portfolio of real estate activities of over US$950 million.
- In November 2009, Pison Housing Company was retained by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) under a capacity building and policy advisory contract to train its directors and senior management staff ahead of the mortgage reform policy that is scheduled to take off in the country in 2010.
- Advice on commercial real estate and housing finance structures that have established relationships with Sub – Saharan and multi-national banks to gain access to funding facilities.
- Real Estate and Housing finance training program: Pison Housing Company’s capacity building program is designed to bring participants up to date with the changes and opportunities in the Nigerian and Sub-Saharan Real Estate and Housing Finance markets. As part of its capacity building services, Pison Housing Company has facilitated housing finance international study visits to India (2007), Thailand (2008), Mexico (2009) and Malaysia (2010) for several participants from Federal Ministry of Housing & Urban Development, Abuja; Federal Housing Authority, Abuja; Central Bank of Nigeria, Abuja; Aso Savings & Loans Plc, Abuja; Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN), Abuja; and several other private sector players. The company also organizes and sponsors the International Housing Finance Workshop (IHFW) that has become a landmark housing finance workshop in the country. IHFW is in its 6th year and has attracted international and local speakers across the world. Please see Pison Housing Site
We would like to say thank you and appreciate our most esteemed clients for their patronage of several of our services. Some of our testimonials are from:
- 1st Hectors Project Nig. Ltd
- Access Bank Plc
- Afribank Plc
- Africa Capital Alliance, Nigeria
- Alpha Caliphate
- Aso Savings & Loans Plc
- Agusto & Co
- Austen Peters & Co
- Avante Properties Limited
- Bauhaus International Ltd
- Bayelsa State Housing P & D Authority
- BGL Limited
- Brian & Brandon Consulting Ltd
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- Citigroup Nig. Intl. Bank
- CityScape International Limited
- Cross River Property Investment Ltd
- Crossover Savings & Loans Limited
- Dala Building Society
- Estate Links International Limited
- ETAB Properties Ltd
- F.B.N Mortgages
- Federal Housing Authority (FHA)
- Federal Capital Development Authority
- Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN)
- Filmo Realty Ltd
- First Bank Abuja
- First Bank Plc
- First Generation Mortgage Bank
- GKO Limited
- Global Trust
- GEMS 2
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Haven Homes
- Intercontinental Homes Savings & Loans
- Jigawa Savings & Loans Ltd
- Legacy Realties Limited
- Locke International Consultancy Limited
- Luxury Villas Group
- Madonna University
- Mayfresh Savings & Loans
- Mutual Properties
- Nasarawa Investment & Property Devt
- Oceanic Homes Savings & Loans Limited
- Plateau Investment & Property Development Company
- Post Service Homes
- Resort Savings & Loans Ltd
- Security Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Sedona Business Consults Ltd
- Segbod Global Ltd
- Skye Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Stellar Vera
- Talion Capital & Consulting Limited
- Transatlantic Mortgages Ltd
- Trojan Estates Limited
- UACN Property Development
- Union Homes Savings & Loans Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- U.S. Economic Session, Nigeria Consular
- Vicdav Nigeria Ltd
- Wemabod Estate Ltd
- Wilbahi Investment Ltd
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Zenith Realtors